Washington Park Lifeguard Team
GUARDED SWIMMING BEACH
The lifeguarded swimming beach is located directly in front of the red lifeguard tower just east of the main parking lot in Washington Park.
Lifeguards are on duty beginning the Friday prior to Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Monday through Friday 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 6 pm
Dates and hours are subject to change without notice.
- Patrons will comply with all rules and lifeguard instructions or be subject to removal or arrested
- Green flag signifies safe lake conditions – swimming allowed
- Yellow flag signifies there is an advisory for elevated bacteria counts – swimming allowed
- Red flag signifies unsafe lake conditions – swimming prohibited
- All children 12 years of age or younger must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or adult
- No alcoholic beverages within 50 feet of roadways or parking areas
- No glass containers
- No watercraft or loading/unloading of passengers in or beyond designated swim area
- The use of inflatable objects may be restricted
- No activities allowed which present danger or risk to beach patrons
- No unauthorized vehicles on beach
- No animals or pets allowed
- No fires allowed – grills permitted in designated areas only
- No littering – please use proper refuse receptacles
- Please see lifeguards for complete list of beach rules