- A dog may not run at large and must be kept on a leash unless in a fenced area.
- No more than three dogs and/or cats are allowed in a single residential unit.
- Pet owners must remove any animal waste deposited by their pet on public or private property immediately.
- All dogs and cats over 3 months of age must have shots protecting them against contracting rabies.
- All dogs and cats must wear tags at all times.
- Animals are prohibited on school grounds while school is in session, and in city parks and cemeteries at all times.
- Owners must keep dogs and cats in a clean and sanitary area where they are adequately sheltered.
- Owners must provide veterinarian care when needed.
- Dogs barking, molesting passersby, chasing vehicles or attacking domestic animals is considered "creating a nuisance" and will result in a fine and/or impounding of the animal.
- It is unlawful for a person to knowingly or recklessly abandon or neglect an animal.
- It is unlawful for an owner to conceal animals from law enforcement officers.
- It is unlawful to torture or kill animals.