Michigan City Municipal Airport (IATA: MGC, ICAO: KMGC, FAA LID: MGC) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Michigan City, Indiana. The airport covers an area of 285 acres at an elevation of 655 feet (200 m) above mean sea level. It has one paved runway designated 2/20 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,100 by 75 feet (1,250 x 23 m).
South Bend APP/DEP…….....118.55
Chicago Center APP/DEP…..127.55
Field Elevation…………..........655 MSL
Click here for full airfield information
Current Fuel Prices
Avgas Self Service: $4.99
Avgas Full Service: $5.19
Jet A+ Self Service: $4.24
Jet A+ Full Service: $4.24
Swift UL-94 Self Service: $6.70
Services & Facilities
• Parking, ramp and tie downs available
• Phillips 66 Jet A w/Prist, 100LL, and Swift Fuel UL-94
• 24-hour Avgas
• Computerized weather
• Fire Department on field
• Passenger terminal
• Pilots lounge
• Public telephone
• After Hours Access
• Space available for lease
• Airport courtesy car-Currently Unavailable
(available first-come, first-served)
• Shuttle to Blue Chip Casino
- Reliable Uber and Lyft Services
- Enterprise Car rental drop-off available - call 219-879-3100
• Extended Stay Ramp Fee: $10 per week
• Overnight Hangar Space Rental (CALL FOR AVAILABILITY):(Hanger Dimensions: 48’W x 38’D x 14’H)
• Monthly Tie Down: $40 per month, Main Ramp
• After Hours Fueling: $75 per call-out
(5 PM - 8 AM CST)
The Michigan City Municipal Airport is home to over 20 executive style hangars and two T-hangars housing over 50 aircraft. Ground is available for private hangar constructions. Very competitive lease rates for individual hangar buildings are available. All hangar buildings are privately owned. Learn More
Skydive Windy City Chicago
Phone: (219) 210-3338
Season: April 15 - October 31
Flight Instruction, Aircraft Rental, Flying Club. Helping you make your aviation dreams a reality.
Phone: (219) 228-7242 or (833) 359-7242
Aircraft Maintenance, Avionics Installation, Aircraft Refurbishment, Aircraft Management
Phone: (219) 851-0600
Come join us for a FAAST team Seminar!
These quarterly seminars, held at the Michigan City Airport Terminal Building, are interesting, informative and include a wide variety of important safety topics designed to reduce risk and increase the level of safety in aviation operations.
8 AM - 5 PM CST
Seven days a week, year round.
Holiday Closures: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President's Day, Columbus Day, Easter, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year’s Day.
After Hours Access: Indoor restrooms, local phone and vending machines available with MGC Unicom code entered into front door security access pad. Door will automatically lock after you leave.
Michigan City Municipal Airport Runway Extension Project
The Michigan City Municipal Airport Board of Aviation Commissioners and the City of Michigan City, with support from numerous local businesses and organizations, are currently pursuing an expansion of the Michigan City Municipal Airport by extending the runway to better serve the needs of not only the city but also the needs of the entire community and surrounding areas.
Driving Mileage from MGC Airport
- Billy Boy's Blueberry Barn: 2.6 miles
- Blue Chip Casino: 3.7 miles
- Four Winds Casino: 7.2 miles
- Lighthouse Premium Outlets: 4.1 miles
- Michigan City Municipal Golf Course: 1 mile
- New Buffalo, MI: 7.7 miles
- Washington Park Beach/Zoo: 3.5 miles