Children's Scholarship Fund
What We Fund
Visual art classes or individual art instruction for children between 5 and 18 years of age. Classes are limited to instruction in painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, collage, crafts such as beading, mosaic work and weaving, art camps or any combination of these taught by a legitimate instructor. The committee does not fund music, writing, dance, or drama instruction.
Priority will be given to those applicants who have not received prior funding from the Michigan City Public Art Committee Scholarship Fund.
Requirements for Applicants
- Applicant must reside within the Michigan City, Indiana city limits and have a street address (not a P.O. Box.)
- Applicant must be between 5 and 18 years of age at the time the instruction will take place.
- Applicant must show financial need.
- Applicant must take lessons from an art provider (individual teacher, nonprofit or for profit business) located within the city limits of Michigan City.
- The maximum grant request is $200 per individual per year.
- Applicant must provide all contact information for the art instructor or class and be able to document expenditures through a current brochure or website by the provider.
Disbursement of Funds
If application is approved, checks will be made directly to the art provider, not to the applicant.
If approved, applicants will be expected to complete a final report and to attach a photograph, if possible, of the artwork created in the class.
Applications must be received one month before the class is to begin.